Love Is In The Air : First Love Yourself

Love is in the Air. Valentine’s day and all of that is just a money making affair in my opinion. Flowers, dinner, and gifts are nice but really do you only care once a year?I think we often place too much emphasis on specific occasions and days. Every day is a special occasion as long as you are alive.   Today I read in one of my newsletters; Love is what remains after the butterflies have settled and the waves of lust have abated.

We often make love conditional by letting our egos get in the way. Some people can make relationships all about them and their needs. Love knows no selfishness or abuse. It builds you up it wraps and you in a cocoon of nurturing bliss. Nothing is perfect. Let’s face it relationships take compromise and work to keep the flame burning. It takes patience and tolerance to love and share your world with another and to accept them as they are; even when they get on your nerves or do that thing you don’t like and you want to choke them.

Love is a form of all-encompassing acceptance but that in no way means you should tolerate any mess. If it does not bring you peace then let it go. Often times letting go can be the ultimate expression of love. Let go of criticising, nitpicking, trying to change the other person. Let go of all the things that hold you back from being at peace with yourself.
Not everyone loves the same way. Not everyone you meet is supposed to stay. The breakups and the makeups are all a part of the process. so what if you are single on valentines day? Why would that cause you distress? Are you seeking someone who will love you the right way? It all starts with you. Look in the mirror, single or taken know that you are special. The opinions of others do not and will never define your worth. Do something every day to remind yourself of the fabulous being that you are.

Share your essence and your light in an authentic way. Just be open to everything, to life itself. Work on your body, mind, and soul. Focus on your health. Don’t strive for perfection just do the best you can with every moment. Don’t feel loved? Never forget you are loved. We were designed to love. That source of loving energy is inside all of us.
Just take a look at a rainbow, a sunset, the ocean and bask in their beauty. Be at peace with nature and you will never doubt the existence of love.
Love does not merely exist within romantic boundaries. Anytime you are kind to another individual that is an act of love. I believe in simplicity. random acts of kindness to me are some of the best expressions of love A hug, a kiss, a love note or text just because. Even sharing your food now that is what love is all about. Nothing says I love you quite like a home cooked meal or baked goods. I like making cakes for those that are special to me. Nothing brings out the happy moments quite like cake.

I think at the end of the day most of us would prefer time or effort over things. So whenever you can do something mundane for the ones you love. Whether it’s helping them with chores or treating them to a massage or even sitting in silence (no phones ) and enjoying their company. Less is more. Just expressing gratitude for having someone in your life can make their day. Tell them they are awesome. show them you are their number one fan.
Love begins with you. Know that you are and will always be enough. a divine piece of the universe. An undying energy, a wellspring of love. Tap into that love. Love is the air. Just do that damn thing and love yourself. Be the love you seek. Exude it. Let go of the expectations. Never give to get. You are worthy exactly as you are .

What are some of your favorite ways to express love for yourself and others? I love hearing from you. Love and Blessings Tachi

53 thoughts on “Love Is In The Air : First Love Yourself

1. christineokello says:

Beautifully written as always! Like you say, love is an everyday affair, not just a specific day of the year. I much rather have snuggle time in front of a movie with the hubby than receiving a box of chocolates as a gift.

• Thanks so much for your kind comments . I have no hubby so a snuggle with my daughter lol . Thanks for commenting . Hope you had an awesome love filled day

2. This is wonderful ! Especially the part about love being all encompassing . Yes all the little things are really big things to me! Happy Valentine’s Day!

3. Claudia Inspired by World says:

Love it! You are absolutely right. You don’t have to be in a relationship to manifest love. Just by cooking a special meal for your family, or just listening to your kids and pay attention to what they are saying can show that you care, that you love them.

4. Bee says:

I always love reading your posts, they’re always so thoughtful and uplifting 🙂 You’re totally right that love begins within ourselves, and whenever I’m feeling a little down I like to go for a walk and appreciate everything I have instead of focusing on whatever I don’t have or an feeling down about.

• Thank you soo much ! I love the idea of going for a walk and focusing on the good . We often lose sight and forget about all the great things we have going when we focus on what we lack. Have an awesome weekend .

5. Lisa Roe says:

I love this post Tachi! I think it is way more special to give a gift or to do something extra kind for someone we love on a day that is not a holiday. It means more to me as well, say to get flowers just because than to get them on Valentines when the world reminded and told my hubby he should.

6. Jenna says:

I do agree with so many of your comments. Love is for everyday. I love the unexpected moments. They are the best! ❤️

7. I love the messages on your pictures! Happy valentines Dol. We can only love others the right way when we know how to love ourselves. That is what I think about love. And funny enough I was talking about love with my friend, will share with him this link because you have said it all.

• Thanks for commenting love . Missed you on here . I hope this one inspires your friend as well 🙂 I swear I write these as a reminder to myself as well .

8. V says:

I think you make a great point about being authentic. It’s great that everyone shows love on that one day, but what about the other 364?

9. MJ says:

Beautiful post! I also agree that Valentine’s Day is a money making affair and less about love. I think maybe it came about as after the holidays, the merchants needed to find a way to make money and that is how this day became so commercialized. Love is something that should be shown everyday, not by gifts, but by the little things. Doing the dishes when your partner is tired. Offering to help out with something that needs to be done. Spending quality time with the person. Hubby and I don’t exchange gifts or cards on Valentine’s Day. Instead we let each other know every day we appreciate the other and that we love each other and that no matter what we have each other’s backs.

• That is awesome Mj since i don’t have a partner though I share the love with friends and family . It is not really necessary to have to be told to share love just on a specific day . Some do prefer grand gestures though . I really would not mind chocolate lol

10. Lisa Roe says:

Your writing is so beautiful Tachi. I am blessed to have met you. What hit me the most in this particular piece is to remember that love is so much more than just our intimate romantic relationships (marriage, dating) but also friendships and we can even love on a stranger we meet with a simple act of kindness. A smile goes a long way, and it’s free to give!

• Aww Lisa you are going to make me cry ! I am glad to have met you as well and seeing that I am like forever single . It’s wonderful to have a lovely support system such as yourself . The Universe always sends the good people right on time 🙂

11. Lucrezia says:

Tachi, your posts are always so beautiful and inspirational! I like to express my love to my husband and my dog by spoiling them in different ways and without waiting for a special occasion to do it. Looks like they appreciate it so far lol

Let's interact .. Hit me up in the comments :)